Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

Hello Blogoverse,
It has been a few months since my last update, but what can i say, things got hectic.
Since my leave of blogging, i have applied and been accepted with a scholarship to the Prague Summer Program through Western Michigan University, for my photography and creative writing.  I volunteered at the True/False Film Festival and saw a lot of great documentaries.  two of my favorites being No Impact Man, and Waltz With Bashir.  I have befriended a House of awesome guys down the street and finally have a more chill crowd that what i can find at my uber tiny women's college, no offense ladies of Stephens.  My piano has improved quite a bit and i have a full 30 minute ish set of both covers and original songs.  the covers i have chosen a a bit more obscure and i have been asked if i have written them....i wish.  I am planning out my concert schedule for the summer and i am so far going to see ben kweller, trevor hall (a few times), matisyahu...among others.  Topanga Days is creeping up and i think it is pulling me through my final exams.  Speaking of finals, i should be studying right now...not blogging, and i have developed cool new ways to procrastinate (Henna Tattoos, walking my friend's dogs, finding things to clean, walking down town for hours, and hanging with kiely and the guys).  My friend Jessica Starr's dogs Toby and Jack are probably the coolest dogs around and toby has one blue eye.  I am getting kind of sad about going home.  i really have a life here and it isn't just school.  I have found my crowd and my haunts and know town people by name, so comfortable.  Also, the window garden i planted is getting huge!!!!!!
This summer, i have a goal to finally get in great shape.  As many of you know this has been a long and grueling process and i have progressed more than ever this past year.  I have been doing cardio for 45 minutes 4-5 days a week, bicycling for 30 minutes a few times a week as well, and doing push ups, crunches, and low impact weights.  I am following a mostly vegetarian diet, but i occasionally make exceptions for sushi and chicken.  i will be working out with my mom and her trainer and riding my horses and really doing what makes me happiest, which is being very active and sweaty...the sweat doesn't really make me happy but it is a good indicator that i am working myself!  
So recap:  Finals suck, Columbia Missouri is probably the coolest town ever, i have guy friends, procrastination tactics, not being a fat ass, going to Prague.

1 comment:

Nell Gwynne said...

You're going to Prague through Western? Holy crap is it a small world. I have a ton of friends at Western. And I've also heard great things about Prague. Have an awesome time!